Sunday, August 20, 2017

What fun is to die a Painless Death!

(After she signed a treaty with fate)

Headsman was proud
The injury fatal
Your sentence
fate whispered unhurriedly
‘complete seperation
Of head from body’
Capital punishment
For loving me
The scene was set
They walked you
To the executioners block
From far away
I looked and found
Solitude in you
‘let the sword be blunt
And the executioner clumsy’
Your last wish they read
and the air was filled
with the smell of death
               
   -Laila

She cried to sleep
I came consoling her
In her dream that night
She moved her lips
Those beautiful lips
Why the sword so blunt?
And executioner clumsy?

I looked at her
My stare comforted her
I wanted multiple strokes
While they severed my head
I wanted a prolonged death
A more painful one
For what fun is to die
For you - if it were painless.
               
  -Majnun

No comments: